Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Faith in Recovery Program?
Faith in Recovery is a Non-denominational Christ centered, faith-based recovery program. This program is designed to allow clients to establish or restore their faith and relationship with God while also addressing their addiction. The program integrates clinical therapies and faith based principles into customized programming. Faith in Recovery is an all-inclusive, separate program, and not merely just a “track” as most other treatment facilities. Most similar type of programs (faith-based treatment tracks) consist only of a Bible study and a weekly off-site church service. Faith in Recovery is a completely comprehensive Christian-based program. Every aspect of the drug and alcohol addiction recovery program revolves around the Christian principles and is God-centered.
We approach treatment from a spiritual and clinical perspective. All clients are assigned a therapist for their clinical needs. We also have a full-time Program Director and Chaplain for all Biblical needs.
2. When did the program start and where is it located?
The program started on November 23, 2015 and we are located in Pompano Beach, Florida. We are just north of Fort Lauderdale located in Broward County.
3. What will the clients be doing in the program?
We have a comprehensive program which includes 5 group therapy sessions per day, 25 hours per week. We also have additional 13 hours of evening events, which include Celebrate Recovery, “God and Alcoholics “meetings and Calvary Chapel’s EiKon service.
4. What if I am not religious or come from a different faith background?
All of our clients come from various backgrounds including Atheists, Agnostics, Judaism, those who grew up Christian and fell away, and those coming out of the occult. We meet clients right where they are in their spiritual journey. The environment is not judgmental or condemning in nature. All that is required for this program is that the client is seeking to establish or restore a relationship with God while addressing their addiction.
5. How many clients have come through the program since you opened?
Since opening the program on November 23, 2015 through February 23,2022 we had 2,621 clients come through our doors. To date 337 clients have been water baptized.
6. What other activities or events does the program offer?
We have had 197 guest speakers at the Faith in Recovery Program many well- known faith and addition leaders:
- Former NFL player Mike Blanc
- August Burns Red Lead Singer - Jake Luhrs
- Founder of the band “Newboy’s” John James
- Recovery Radio Show Host Indian Bob
- Abundant Life Sr. Associate Pastor Al Scivone
- My Recovery Radio show host, Former Mr. Colorado Kent Paul
- NY Times Best-selling Author, TV and movie personality Brandon Novak
- Fusion Church Miami Pastor Conrad
- Inspirational Speaker Jonathan Nowlan
- #1Album Recording Artist - Neda Boin
- And many more…